2020 Water Policy Conference
AMWA’s leadership made the difficult decision to cancel our 2020 Water Policy Conference scheduled for March 30 – April 2 in Washington, D.C.
Recent developments with COVID – 19 and the importance of minimizing the spread of the illness were key factors in our decision to cancel the conference. The health and well-being of our members, staff, and the public is paramount. The decision was based on several factors, including:
- On March 13 President Trump declared a National Emergency on COVID - 19.
- World Health Organization’s March 11 declaration that COVID – 19 is a global pandemic.
- On March 11 Washington DC’s Mayor declared a state of emergency and public health emergency for the city.
- Anticipated increase in the spread of the virus in the DC area.
- An increasing number of State and local emergency declarations.
- Input from public officials and continued review of recommendations from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other governmental bodies.
- In the past few days, we’ve become aware of an increasing number of domestic travel advisories and restrictions instituted by water utilities, local governments, corporations significantly impacting members/subscribers ability to travel.
Refunds and Cancellations
- Registration fees will be refunded. We are presently working on how to do this most efficiently. You will receive more information from AMWA about this soon. We ask for your patience and cooperation as we process the refunds.
- It is up to the individual attendee to cancel their hotel reservation. Please contact the hotel directly at 202-628-2100 or 800-321-3010.
- As to travel, most transportation providers have made special provisions to address COVID-19 related issues. Please contact your transportation provider directly.