Your health is top priority for AMWA, and the association is tracking the evolving health situation and guidelines surrounding COVID-19. The following reflects the current situation in Washington, D.C.
- Please be sure to bring proof of vaccination with you to the conference. ("If you want to bring your card, you can, but you’re probably better off leaving it in a safe place at home. A photo of the card is fine — make sure the image is clear and large enough to show your name and date of birth because anyone 18 and older must present their proof of vaccination alongside a driver’s license, passport or other government-issued ID." Information taken from a recent article published in DC concerning proof of vaccination requirement going into effect on Jan. 15, 2022, authored by By Fritz Hahn.)
- View Hyatt Regency Washington’s implementation of the new DC mandates.
- Effective February 15, 2022, the District of Columbia is requiring individuals to show proof of full vaccination (two doses) to enter hotel common spaces and meeting facilities, as well as restaurants and other public establishments.
- For everyone’s protection, AMWA is requiring all attendees of the conference to be fully vaccinated.
- In addition, AMWA is requiring all attendees during conference sessions to wear masks unless eating, drinking, or speaking on stage.
- Attendees may also wish to exercise further precautions by:
Frequent, vigorous hand washing,
Using hand sanitizer (see some, use some),
Using N95 masks or double-masking, and
Replacing greeting hand-shakes with fist bumps or a simple wave.